- PhD - University of Wales, Cardiff, UK
- SM - MIT, USA
- BEng - Concordia University, Canada
- Professor, Nanyang Technological University
- Marine Surveyor, Noble Denton and Associates Singapore
- Offshore Engineer, McDermott South East Asia Pte Ltd.
- Acting Chair of School of CEE: since October 2011
Member of Professional Societies
- Fellow, Academy of Engineering Singapore
- Professional Engineer, Singapore
Editorial Board Member
- Associate Editor, ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering ( 2003 - 2008 )
- Guest Editor, SENSORS (2009 - 2010)
Main research interest
- Damage Prognosis
- Energy Harvesting
- Smart Materials and Structures
- Sustainable Urban Living
Current research project
- PI of “Innovative Design and Use of Underground Space in Ports”.
Selected publications (in the last 5 years)
- Annamdas VGM and Soh CK "Three Dimensional Electromechanical Impedance Model I: Formulation of Directional Sum Impedance", ASCE Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 20(1), 53-62, 2007.
- Annamdas VGM and Soh CK "Three Dimensional Electromechanical Impedance Model II: Damage Analysis and PZT Characterization" ASCE Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 20(1), 63-71, 2007.
- Liu Y and Soh CK “Shear correction for Mindlin type plate and shell elements”, Int’l Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering, 69, 2789-2806, 2007.
- Madhav AVG and Soh CK “An electromechanical impedance model of a piezoceramic transducer-structure in the presence of thick adhesive bonding” Journal of Smart Materials and Structures, 16(3), 673-686, 2007.
- Annamdas VGM and Soh CK "Three Dimensional Electromechnical Impedance Model for Multiple PZT Transducers - Structure Interaction" ASCE Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 21(1), 35-44, 2008.
- Madhav AVG and Soh CK "Uniplexing and multiplexing of PZT transducers for structural health monitoring", Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 19(4), 457-468, 2008.
- Annamdas VGM and Soh CK. “Application of Electromechanical Impedance Technique for Engineering Structures: Review and Future Issues” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 21(1), 41-59, 2010.
- Lim YY, Soh CK. “Fatigue life estimation of a 1D aluminum beam under mode-I loading using the electromechanical impedance technique”, Journal of Smart Materials & Structures, 20(12), Article No: 125001, 2011.
- Soh C.K., Yang Y.W. and Bhalla S. (editors) “Smart Materials in Structural Health Monitoring, Control and Biomechanics”, Springer (ISBN: 978-3-642-24462-9) and ZJU Press (ISBN: 978-7-308-08266-2), 2012.
- Teaching Excellence Award 2004 for C.O.E. first year common engineering, NTU.
- The paper "Fuzzy controlled genetic algorithm search for shape optimization", published in the ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 10(2), 143-150, 1996, won the ASCE Best TCCP Journal Paper Award for 1996.
- The paper “Design economics of offshore structures: eccentric jacket” published in the Journal of IES, 38(2), 42-49, 1998, won the IES-IStructE(S) Best Structural Journal Paper Award for 1998-2000.