6TH MARITIME PUBLIC LEADERS’ PROGRAMME
3 – 7 OCTOBER 2016
MPA ACADEMY, SINGAPORE
The Maritime Public Leaders’ Programme (MPLP) is jointly organised by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) Academy and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The MPLP provides a conducive learning and sharing platform for prominent senior officials in maritime administrations.
The programme is helmed by professors from NTU and the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore, as well as experienced practitioners from MPA and the maritime industry. It offers invaluable opportunities for participants to exchange ideas, and network with port and maritime stakeholders in the region.
- Shipping Economics
- Public Leadership and Governance
- Legal and Institutional Issues
- Management Strategy and Planning
- Port Performance Improvement and Development
- Risk and Financial Management
- Contemporary Issues of Ports and Shipping
* Programme outline may be subject to change
- Senior management and officials in maritime administrations of at least director level and above.
- As the programme will be conducted in English, participants are expected to be proficient in the language.
- Attend the 19th Singapore International Bunkering Conference and Exhibition 2016
- Case-study focused seminars and discussions
- Networking events with prominent maritime leaders
- Site visits to PSA Terminal, Port Operations Control Centre and Urban Redevelopment Authority Centre
- S$9,362.50 per participant#
# Programme fee covers all site visits, course materials and meals during programme sessions.
- S$1,511.27 per participant (inclusive of goods and services tax) for a 6-night stay at a single deluxe room in Park Hotel Alexandra, Singapore
WHAT PAST MPLP
“MY EXPERIENCE AT THE 5TH MPLP EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS AS THE FACILITATORS AND SUPPORT STAFF ALL EXECUTED THE COURSE IN THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL WAY. MY INTERACTIONS WITH MY COLLEAGUES IN THE COURSE WILL PROVIDE ME WITH A WIDER NETWORK OF PROFESSIONALS IN THE MARITIME SECTOR THAT WILL REDOUND, I HOPE, TO IMO’S REALISATION OF CLEANER SEAS AND SAFER OCEANS AS WE ALL WORK TOGETHER IN THIS REGARD.”
Lt. Cdr Auden Nigel Nicholas, Commanding Officer,
Antigua & Barbuda Coast Guard, Class of 2015 MPLP
“DURING THE PROGRAMME WE HAVE RECEIVED IMMENSE KNOWLEDGE ON VARIOUS TOPICS LIKE SHIPPING ECONOMICS, PORT PLANNING, FINANCE, RISK ANALYSIS ETC. WE ALSO HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT SINGAPORE’S MARITIME FACILITIES, WHICH GAVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN HOW SINGAPORE HAS DESIGNED AND PLANNED THEIR FACILITIES TO PROVIDE EFFICIENT SERVICES TO MAKE SINGAPORE PORT ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD.”
Mr Abdul Rasheed Nafiz, Chairman, Maldives Transport
Authority, Class of 2015 MPLP
“THE 4TH MARITIME PUBLIC LEADERS’ PROGRAMME WAS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR ME TO SPEND A JOYOUS WEEK WITH MANY SPIRITUALLY ‘LIT’ PEOPLE, PARTICIPANTS AS WELL AS PRESENTERS, WHO ARE ALSO PRACTICAL AND PRAGMATIC BUSINESS LEADERS. I CAME AWAY WITH A RENEWED SENSE OF PURPOSE, AND A GREATLY EXPANDED PERSONAL NETWORK OF DYNAMIC PARTICIPANTS. ONCE MORE THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ON SUCH A WONDERFUL EVENT. THAT WAS AN EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPACT THE REST OF MY LIFE.”
Capt Emre Dincer, Head of Department, International Maritime Relations, Directorate General, Merchant Marine, Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communication, Turkey, Class of 2014 MPLP