BEng, MSc, PhD
Tel: (65) 6790-5290
- PhD, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland 2013
- MSc, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 2008
- BEng, Shandong University, China 2007
- Visiting Professor, Tsinghua University, China 2017
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Stanford University, United States 2014-2016
- Visiting Scholar, Monash University, Australia 2014
- Postdoctoral Researcher, EPFL, Switzerland, 2013-2014
- Project Officer, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 2008-2009
Experimental geophysics and energy geomechanics, with emphasis on mechanism of induced seismicity, unconventional energy extraction and storage.
- Period-multiplying slow slip as a precursor to induced earthquakes (MOE AcRF Tier 1, 2017-2019)
- Reactivation and permeability evolution of pre-existing faults in rock masses during the construction of underground storage reservoirs (NTU Startup Grant, 2016-2020)
- Injection induced seismicity and implications for seismic hazards (Swiss National Science Foundation, 2014-2016)
- Wu W, Recce JS, Gensterblum Y, Zoback MD (2017) Permeability evolution of slowly slipping faults in shale reservoirs, Geophysical Research Letters, 44(22), 11368-11375.
- Wu W, Zoback MD, Kohli AH (2017) The impacts of effective stress and CO2 sorption on the matrix permeability of shale reservoir rocks, Fuel, 203, 179-186.
- Wu W, Zhao ZH, Duan K (2017) Unloading-induced instability of granular fault gouges and implications for excavation-induced seismicity, Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, 63, 154-161.
- Wu W, Li HB, Zhao J (2015) Dynamic responses of non-welded and welded rock fractures and implication for wave attenuation across a rock mass, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 77, 174-181.
- Wu W, Zhao J (2014) A dynamic-induced direct-shear model for dynamic triggering of frictional slip on simulated granular gouges, Experimental Mechanics, 54, 605-613.
- Wu W, Li JC, Zhao J (2014) Role of filling materials in a P-wave interaction with a rock fracture, Engineering Geology, 172, 77-84.
- Outstanding Paper Award, Society for Rock Mechanics & Engineering Geology, Singapore, 2017
- Fellowship for Prospective Researchers, Switzerland 2013
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Abroad, China 2013