- PhD National University of Singapore 2002
- MEng Nanyang Technological University 1996
- BEng (Hons) Universiti Teknologi Malaysia 1993
- Sembcorp Marine Offshore Platforms, previously SMOE Pte Ltd, 2011-2018, Deputy General Manager (Engineering)
- PAPE Engineering Pte Ltd, 2008-2011, Project Manager (Engineering)
- RSP Architects, Planners and Engineers, 2004-2008, Associate
- LSW Consulting Engineers, 2002-2004
- Concrete Innovators Company Pte Ltd, 1995-1997
Prior to joining NTU, Dr Teoh was the Deputy General Manager (Engineering) in Sembcorp Marine, heading a team of 100++ multi-disciplines engineers and designers, supporting EPCIC business that design and build offshore processing platforms/wellheads/accommodation facilities, FPSO topsides and modules for LNG plants. His personal experience includes engineering management, design and construction, loadout, transportation and installation engineering for the topsides, jackets, pipelines, and other subsea installations located at South East Asia, India as well as North Sea, for topsides of weight more than 16,000 metric tonnes and jackets weight more than 15,000 metric tonnes.
Besides offshore oil and gas projects, Dr Teoh also has many years of experience in the design and constructions of land base buildings and structures such as Ion Orchard (56 Storey residential tower cum 9 level shopping podium), Henderson Waves (award winning steel + timber pedestrian bridge), precast-prestressed concrete beams for pedestrian bridges and flyovers in Singapore. He also involved in the design of temporary support systems for open-cut constructions for MRT underground stations along circle line in Singapore.
- Teoh B.K.; Mansur, M.A.; and Wee, T.H, “Behavior of High Strength Concrete I-Beams with Low Shear Reinforcement,” ACI Structural Journal. Vol. 99, No. 3, May-June 2002, pp. 299-307.
- Teoh B.K.; Hoang, L.H.; and Nielsen, M.P., Shear Strength of Concrete I-beam: Contribution of Flanges, Research Report Series R No. 55, Department of Structural Engineering and Materials, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark, 1999, 21 pp.
- Teoh B.K.; Mansur, M.A.; and Wee, T.H., “Maximum Shear Strength of High-Strength Concrete Beams,” Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Advances in Structural Engineering and Mechanics, ed. by Choi C.K., and Schnobrich W. C., Seoul, Korea, 23-25 August 1999, pp. 271-276.