Dr Teo’s research interest is in the application of operations research to solve problems in supply chain, production and service operations. His research projects emphasize on industry application. He had worked on research projects with companies such as Keppel Offshore and Marines (Singapore), DHL Supply Chain, Neptune Orient Lines (awarded NOL Fellowship 2012) and Dell Inc. (North America). His research has been published in major operations management journals such as Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production & Operations Management, European Journal of Operational Research, IIE Transactions and International Journal of Production Economics.
He is also currently working on pedagogical research, particular on Creative Problem Solving and Critical Thinking in undergraduate education. At NTU, he teaches supply chain and logistics courses at both bachelor and master levels. Courses that he had taught include Intermodal Transportation, Distribution & Warehousing, Shipping Logistics and Quantitative Methods in Logistical Analysis.
Dr Teo also serves as Director of Education for the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transportation (Singapore) since 2017, serving to promote continuing education for professionals in the logistics and transportation industry.
He received his B.Eng (Mechanical) from the Nanyang Technological University and PhD in Manufacturing Systems & Technologies under the Singapore-MIT Alliance program, which is an education and research collaboration between NTU (Singapore), NUS (Singapore) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Education & Employment History
- Ph.D., Nanyang Technological University (Singapore-MIT Alliance), 2006.
- MSc., Nanyang Technological University (Singapore-MIT Alliance), 2001.
- B.Eng., Mechanical & Production Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 2000.
- Joined NTU CEE as faculty member in 2006. Previous employment includes The Logistics Institute – Asia-Pacific Singapore (Researcher Fellow) in 2006 and Defence Science and Technology Agency (Project Engineer) in 2001-2002.
Member of Professional Societies & External Appointments
- Director of Education, Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (Singapore)
- Chartered Member of Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (Singapore)
- Member of Institute for Operations Research & Management Sciences
- The four facets of self-collection service for e-commerce delivery: Conceptualisation and latent class analysis of user segments, (with X. Wang, Y.D. Wong, K.F. Yuen and Z. Feng), Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2020, Vol. 39, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2019.100896
- A critical review on value co-creation: towards a contingency framework and research agenda, (with X. Wang, Y.D. Wong and K.F. Yuen), Journal of Service Theory and Practice, 2019, Vol. 29 No. 2, pp. 165-188. https://doi.org/10.1108/JSTP-11-2017-0209
- Consumer participation in last-mile logistics service: an investigation on cognitions and affects”, (with X. Wang, K.F. Yuen and Y.D. Wong), International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 2019, Vol. 49 (2), 217-238.
- Decomposing service conveniences in self-collection: an integrated application of the SERVCON and Kano models, (with X. Wang, Y.D. Wong and K.F. Yuen), International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 2019, Vol. 49 No. 4, pp. 356-375. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPDLM-10-2018-0336
- Decarbonisation of Urban Freight Transport Using Electric Vehicles and Opportunity Charging, (with T. Teoh, O. Kunze and Y.D. Wong), Sustainability, MDPI, 2018, Vol. 10(9), 1-20.
- E-consumer adoption of innovative last-mile logistics services: A comparison of behavioural models, (with X. Wang, K.F. Yuen and Y.D. Wong), Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, DOI: 10.1080/14783363.2018.1485484
- Optimizing a recover-and-assemble remanufacturing system with production smoothing, (with S.M. Zahraei), International Journal of Production Economics, 2018, Vol. 197, p. 330-341.
- It is green, but is it fair? Investigating consumers’ fairness perception of green service offerings, (with X. Wang, K.F. Yuen and Y.D. Wong), Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018, Vol. 181, 235-248.
- An innovation diffusion perspective of e-consumers’ initial adoption of self-collection service via automated parcel station, (with X. Wang, K.F. Yuen and Y.D. Wong), International Journal of Logistics Management, 2018, 29(1), 237-260.
- Optimizing a Supply Network with Production Smoothing, Freight Expediting and Safety Stocks: An Analysis of Tactical Trade-Offs, (with S.M. Zahraei), European Journal of Operational Research, 2017, Vol. 262 (1), p. 75-88.
- Methodology to Evaluate the Operational Suitability of Electromobility Systems for Urban Logistics Operations, (with T. Teoh and O. Kunze), Transportation Research Procedia, 2016, Vol. 12, p. 288-300.
- Optimality Properties of Speed Optimization for a Vessel Operating with Time Window Constraint, (with Z. Zhibin and X. Wang), Journal of the Operational Research Society, 2015, Vol. 66, p. 637–646.
- Heuristics for Integrated Job assignment and Scheduling for a Multi-Plant Remanufacturing, (D. Lin, C.C. Teo and C. Lee), International Journal of Production Research, 2015, Vol. 53 (9), p. 2674-2689.
- Design of Service Capacity for Ground Crew at Airport Check-In Counters, (X. Zhou, D. Lin, Y. Huang, W. Chen and C.C. Teo), International Journal of Quality & Service Sciences, 2014, Vol. 6 (1), p. 43-59.
- Exploration of critical resources and capabilities of design firms for delivering green building projects: Empirical studies in Singapore, (Y.Y. Li, P-H Chen, D.A.S. Chew and C.C. Teo), Habitat International, 2014, Vol. 41, pp. 229 – 235.
- Integrated Hedging and Network Planning for Container Shipping’s Bunker Fuel Management, (with X. Wang). Maritime Economics & Logistics, 2013, Vol. 15, pp. 172 – 196.
- Project Management factors Affecting Green Building Projects: Case Study of Singapore, (Y.Y. Li, P-H Chen, D.A.S. Chew, C.C. Teo and Y.Q. Xu), Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2013, Vol. 357, pp. 2,346 – 2,352.
- Exploration of Critical External Partners of Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) Firms for Delivering Green Building Projects in Singapore, (Y.Y. Li, P-H Chen, D.A.S. Chew, C.C. Teo and R.G. Ding.), Journal of Green Buildings, 2012, 7 (3) pp. 193-209.
- An Application of Master Schedule Smoothing and Planned Lead Times Control”, (C.C. Teo, R. Bhatnagar and S.C. Graves), Production & Operations Management, 2012, Vol. 21, p. 211-223.
- Critical Project Management Factors of Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) Firms for Delivering Green Building Projects in Singapore”, (Y.Y. Li, P.H. Chen, D.A.S. Chew, C.C. Teo and R.G. Ding), Journal of Construction Engineering & Management, 2011, Vol. 137, Issue 12, pp. 1153-1163.
- Setting Planned Lead Times for a Make-To-Order Production System with Master Schedule Smoothing, (C.C. Teo, R. Bhatnagar and S.C. Graves), 2011, IIE Transactions, Vol. 43 (6), p. 399-414.
- Coordination of Planning and Scheduling Decisions in Global Supply Chains with Dual Supply Modes, (R. Bhatnagar, P. Mehta and C.C. Teo), International Journal of Production Economics, 2011, Vol. 131, p. 473-482.
- Implementing Supply-Routing Optimization in a Make-to-Order Manufacturing Network, (Foreman, J., J. Gallien, J. Alspaugh, F. Lopez, R. Bhatnagar, C.C. Teo & C. Dubois), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2010, Vol. 12, p. 547-568.
- Role of Logistics in Enhancing Competitive Advantage: A Value Chain Framework for Global Supply Chains, (R. Bhatnagar and C.C. Teo), International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 2009, Vol. 39 (3), p. 202-226.