Tel: (65) 6790-4916
- PhD (Civil Eng) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, 2007
- MSE (Highway Eng) Highway Research Institute & Southeast University, China, 2001
- BSE (Trans & Civil Eng) Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 1998
- Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2013-
- Associate Professor, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 2009-2013
- Scientific Researcher, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, 2007-2009
Main research interest:
- Innovative and smart construction materials
- 3D printable construction materials/structures
- Sustainable design and construction
- Life cycle assessment
- Green building
Current research project:
- Development of 3D printable new materials for building and construction
- Life cycle assessment of green building technology
- Programme: Building and Construction (under Singapore Centre for 3D Printing)
- UCB CREATE SinBerBEST (Singapore-Berkeley) Thrust 5 on Materials, Design & Life Cycle of Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Visible light activated photocatalytic cementitious coatings for indoor/underground air pollutant removal
- Most Cited Papers Award (one of the 25 top-cited papers published since 2009), Cement and Concrete Composites (Elsevier), 2014
- School of Transportation Teaching Award funded by Jiangsu Transportation Research Institute, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 2012
- Jiangsu Top Talents Program in Six Major Disciplines, Jiangsu Ministry of Construction, Jiangsu, China, 2011
- Teaching and Research Excellence Award for Young Faculty Member, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 2010
- Travel Grant for 5th Int’l Conf on Fracture Mechanics of Concrete and Structures, Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, U S A, 2004
- John L. Tishman Fellowship, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, U S A, 2001
- Qian,S.Z., V. C. Li, H. Zhang, and G. A. Keoleian, “Life Cycle Analysis of Pavement Overlays Made with Engineered Cementitious Composites”, Cement and Concrete Composites, 35(1), 78-88, 2013.
- Qian, S.Z., J. Zhou, M. R. de Rooij, E. Schlangen, G. Ye and K. van Breugel, “Self-healing Behavior of Strain Hardening Cementitious Composites incorporating Local Waste Materials”, Cement and Concrete Composites, 31(9), 613-621, 2009.
- Qian, S.Z., M. D. Lepech, Y. Y. Kim, and V. C. Li, “Introduction of Transition Zone Design for Bridge Deck Link Slabs using Ductile Concrete”, American Concrete Institute Structural Journal, 106(01), 96-105, 2009.
- Qian, S.Z. and V. C. Li, “Simplified Inverse Method for Determining the Tensile Strain Capacity of Strain Hardening Cementitious Composites”, Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, Japan Concrete Institute, 5(2), 235-246, 2007.