Various experimental investigation of prestressed and non prestressed concrete beams, deep beams and walls; interior, edge, corner slab-column connections, and flat plate floor systems with irregular column layout; ultra-high-strength concrete and fibre-reinforced concrete structural members; size effect, effect of openings on flat plates, and various types of shear reinforcements; creep and shrinkage effects in concrete structures; and durability and corrosion probability of reinforced concrete structures in severe environments.
Development of Analytical, Computational, and Finite Element (FE) constitutive models of cracks and multidirectional cracks for concrete and prestressed concrete structures; finite element formulation of shear strength of beams, deep beams, slabs, and walls; time-dependent formulation for creep and shrinkage effects; FE modelling of tall concrete buildings; and effect of column reinforcement ratio in time-dependent shortening of concrete columns in tall buildings.
Member of Singapore's Eurocodes Advisory Committee which evaluated the suitability of the Eurocodes as the main Building Codes for Singapore. Member of SPRING Singapore's Technical Committee on Building Structure and Substructure, and the use of various concrete materials and high strength reinforcing steel bars in accordance with the new Eurocodes.
Consultant to various engineering companies for the analysis and design of concrete structures; high-rise condominium and office buildings, including: the 60-storey Orchard Residences and ION Orchard, Gramercy Park, Cliveden, Interlace, Boulevard Vue, etc; design and analysis of very large (approx. 1000 m x 200 m) fibre reinforced concrete floor for ship warehouse; large concrete shell for silo and dome structures; etc.
Advisor for Concrete Canoe student projects where Civil & Env Engineering students from several tertiary Institutions compete to make canoes made of floating concrete. The concrete material itself has to float on water.
- Teng S, and Himawan S A S, (2014). Cyclic behavior of post-tensioned slab-rectangular column connections. ACI Structural Journal, 111(1):177-188.
- Teng S, Sabet Divsholi B, Lim T Y D, and Gjørv O E, (2014). Concrete with very high resistance to chloride ingress. ACI Concrete International, 36(5):30-36.
- Teng S, Li Q, and Liu Y, (2014). A micromechanical model for concrete under static loading. Magazine of Concrete Research, 66(18):913-924.
- Teng S, Liu Y, and Lim T Y D, (2014). Determination of fracture energy of ultra high strength concrete. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 131: 602–615.
- Sabet Divsholi B, Lim T Y D, Teng S, (2014). Durability properties and microstructure of ground granulated blast furnace slag cement concrete. International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, 8 (2): 157-164.
- Teng S, Li Q, and Liu Y, (2016) Numerical simulation of plain concrete specimens with micromechanical model and simple lattice model, Magazine of Concrete Research, 68 (19), 971-980.
- Lim T Y D, Teng S, Sabet Divsholi B, and Gjørv O E. (2016). Durability of Very-High-Strength Concrete with Supplementary Cementitious Materials For Marine Environments, ACI Materials Journal, 113 (1): 95-103.
- Teng S, Chandra J, (2016). Cyclic Behaviour of High Strength Concrete Structural Walls, ACI Structural Journal, 113(06): 1335-1345.
- Teng S, Chanthabouala K, Chandra J, Hidayat R. (2017), Punching Shear Strength of Slabs and Influence of Low Reinforcement Ratio, ACI Structural Journal, in press.
- Chandra J, Chanthabouala K, Teng S, (2017), Truss Model for Shear Strength of Structural Concrete Walls, ACI Structural Journal, in press.