- Director, NTU-MPA Maritime Research Centre
- Deputy Executive Director, Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute (NEWRI)
- Director, NEWRItech/NEWRI
- Programme Director, M.Sc (Environmental Engineering)
BE, ME, PhD
Tel: (65) 6790-5321
- PhD (Engineering), University of Auckland 1984
- ME (Civil), University of Auckland 1981
- BE (Civil), University of Auckland 1979
- 1983 - 1984: Consultant/modeller of passive solar energy system, Auckland, New Zealand
- 1984: Lecturer, Nanyang Technological Institute, Singapore
- 1999: Associate Professor, Nanyang Techological University, Singapore
Member of Professional Societies
- Member of International Association of Hydraulic Research (IAHR)
- Member of American Water Resources Association (AWRA)
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineer (ASCE)
- Member of Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES)
|Main research interest |
- Specialised in Physical and Numerical modelling of coastal, hydraulics and hydrological processes; Water Resources Engineering.
- Current research activity includes Sedimentation processes in the coastal waters, GIS, mapping and database management, oil spill, and image processing.
- Academic Exchange under the DAAD (Germany) Scheme
- Gao, Y.Y., Wang, X.K., Tan, D.S. and Tan, S.K. (2012). PIV measurement of the near wake behind a cylinder-pair unequal diameters. Applied Ocean Research, .
- Gao, Y.Y., Tan S.K., Etienne, S. and Wang, X.K. (2012). Experimental study on the flow around two tandem cylinders of different diameters. Experiments in Fluids, .
- Gao Yangyang; Wang Xikun; Tan Soon Keat. (2012). Numerical study of two side-by-side cylinders with unequal diameters at low Reynolds number. The 26th IAHR Symposium on Hydraulic Machinery and Systems.
- Wang X.K., Hao Z., Tan S.K. (2012). Vortex-induced vibrations of a neutrally buoyant circular cylinder near a plane wall. Journal of Fluids and Structures, In revision.
- Wang X.K., Su B.Y., Tan S.K. (2012). Experimental study of vortex-induced vibrations of a tethered cylinder.Journal of Fluids and Structures, In press, doi: 10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2012.04.009.