- BEng, BILI; MEng, INSA-Toulouse; PhD, INSA-Toulouse
- Professor, Nanyang Technological University: 2013-present
- Associate Professor, Nanyang Technological University: 2005-2013
- Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University: 2001-2005
- Lee Kuan Yew Post-Doctoral Fellow, Nanyang Technological University: 1998-2001
- Associate Chair (Research): 2010-2014
- Director of Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre: 2014-2018
Editorial Board Member
- Editor of Chemosphere: 2017-present
- Guest Editor of Special Issue for Chemosphere: 2013-2015
- Associate Editor of Korean Journal of Civil Engineering: 2017-present
- Editorial Board Member of English-Chinese Dictionary of Water and Wastewater Technology, China Architecture & Building Press, 2006
- A full list of publications are available at https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9702-349X
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=-xaymxAAAAAJ&hl=en
Selected recent publications
- Ma Y. and Liu Y. (2019) Turning food waste to energy and resources towards a great environmental and economic sustainability: An innovative integrated biological approach. Biotechnology Advances, in press
- Wang S., Liu H., Gu J., Sun H., Zhang M., Liu Y. (2019) Technology feasibility and economic viability of an innovative integrated ceramic membrane bioreactor and reverse osmosis process for producing ultrapure water from municipal wastewater. Chemical Engineering Journal, 122078.
- Gu J., Liu H., Wang S., Zhang M., Liu Y. (2019) An innovative anaerobic MBR-reverse osmosis-ion exchange process for energy-efficient reclamation of municipal wastewater to NEWater-like product water. Journal of Cleaner Production, 230, 1287-1293.
- Gu J., Zhang M., Wang S. and Liu Y. (2019) Integrated upflow anaerobic fixed-bed and single-stage step-feed process for mainstream deammonification: A step further towards sustainable municipal wastewater reclamation. Science of The Total Environment, 678, 559-564.
- Zhang M., Wang S., Ji B. and Liu Y. (2019) Towards mainstream deammonification of municipal wastewater: Partial nitrification-anammox versus partial denitrification-anammox. Science of The Total Environment 692, 393-401.
- Gu J, Liu Y. (2018) Mainstream anammox in a novel A-2B process for energy-efficient municipal wastewater treatment with minimized sludge production. Water Research, 138, 1-6.
- Zhang X., Zhang M., Liu H., Gu J., Liu Y. (2019). Environmental sustainability: a pressing challenge to biological sewage treatment processes. Current Opinion in Environmental Science & Health, 12, 1-5.
- Gao Z., Ma Y., Ma X., Wang Q., Liu, Y. (2019) A novel variable pH control strategy for enhancing lipid production from food waste: Biodiesel versus docosahexaenoic acid. Energy Conversion and Management, 189, 60-66.
- Sun H., Liu H., Han J., Zhang X., Cheng F. and Liu Y. (2018) Chemical cleaning-associated generation of dissolved organic matter and halogenated byproducts in ceramic MBR: Ozone versus hypochlorite. Water Research 140, 243-250.
- Sun H., Liu H., Wang S., Cheng F. and Liu Y. (2018) Ceramic membrane fouling by dissolved organic matter generated during on-line chemical cleaning with ozone in MBR. Water Research 146, 328-336
- Cai WW, Liu Y. (2018) Oxidative stress induced membrane biofouling and its implications to on-line chemical cleaning in MBR. Chemical Engineering Journal 344, 1917-1926.
- Liu YJ., Gu J. and Liu Y. (2018) Energy self-sufficient biological municipal wastewater reclamation: present status, challenges and solutions forward. Bioresource Technology 269, 513-519.