- PhD, Civil Engineering (Hydrodynamics), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1985
- BS and MS, Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1980
- Nov 1987 – Jun 1987: Scientist, Cambridge Acoustical Assoc. Inc. MA, USA
- Aug 1987 – Oct 1996: Principal Engineer, Physical Sciences Inc. MA, USA
- Nov 1996 – Present: Senior Lecturer then from Jan 1999, Associate Professor
- Jun 2003 – Present: Assistant then Co-Director, Singapore Stanford Partnership Programme
- July 2006 – Sep 2007: Director, Environment and Water Technologies Cluster
- Apr 2005 – Jun 2008: Head of Division, Environmental & Water Resources Engineering
- Jul 2008 – Sep 2008: Chair, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Member of Professional Societies
- Director, Lien Action for International Development, July 2006 to present
- Advisory Board, Lien Institute for the Environment, July 2006 to June 2008
- Treasurer and Society Council member, Asia Oceania Geosciences Society, July 2006 to June 2008
- Member, American Geophysical Union and American Society of Civil Engineers
- Professional Engineer, Singapore
- Lee, W.K. and Lo, E.Y.M., “Surface-penetrating flexible membrane wave barriers of finite draft,” Ocean Engineering, 29(14), p1781-1805, Pergamon, 2002.
- Lo, E.Y.M. and Shao, S., “Simulation of Near-Shore Solitary Wave Mechanics by an incompressible SPH method,” Applied Ocean Research Engineering, Elsevier 24(5), p275-286, 2002.
- Rong, X, and Lo, E.Y.M., “On the stability of shoaling Stokes waves over a slowly varying bottom”, Applied Ocean Research, 26(5), 205-212, 2004.
- Zhou, Z.X., Lo, E.Y.M., and Tan, S.K., “Effect of Shallow and Narrow Water on Added Mass of Cylinders with Various Cross-Sectional Shapes”, Ocean Engineering 32, 1199-1215, 2005.
- Chua L.H.C., Lo E.Y.M., Freyberg D.L.; Shuy E.B., Lim T.T., Tan S.K., and Mzila N. “Hydrostratigraphy and geochemistry at a coastal sandfill”, Hydrogeology Journal. 15(8), p204-216, 2007.
- Ong M.C., A.T. B. Lim, S. C. C. Lee, E.Y. M. Lo, & S. K. Tan (2007) “An Active Operator Guidance System for Ship Maneuvers—Prototype System” Marine Technology Society Journal, 42(4) 2008.
- Tan S.B.K., Chua L.H.C., Shuy E.B., Lo E.Y. M. & Lim, L.W., Performances of rainfall-runoff models calibrated over single & continuous storm flow events. ASCE J Hydrologic Eng. 13(7), 597- 607, 2008.
- Tan S.B.K., Lo E.Y.M , Shuy E.B., Chua L.H.C. & Lim W.H., “Generation of Total Runoff Hydrographs Using a Method Derived from a Digital Filter Algorithm”, ASCE J Hydrologic Eng, 14(1), 101-106, 2009.
- Chua L.H.C, Lo E.Y.M , Shuy E.B. & Tan S.B.K. “Nutrients and Suspended Solids in Dry Weather and Storm Flows from a Tropical Catchment with Various Proportions of Rural and Urban Land Use.”, Journal of Environmental Management, Elsevier, 90, 3635 – 42, 2009.
- Chua L.H.C, Lo E.Y. M., Lim, T.T., Robertson, A.P., Shuy E.B. and Tan S.K., “Geochemical Changes During Recharge with Tertiary-treated Wastewater at a Coastal Sandfill”, Water Science and Technology, 60(5), 1273 – 1281, 2009.
- Chua L.H.C, Lo E.Y.M., Shuy E.B., Robertson, A.P., Lim T.T., and Tan S.K., “DOC and UVA Attenuation with Soil Aquifer Treatment in the Saturated Zone of an Artificial Coastal Sandfill”, Water Science and Technology, 62(3), 491—500, 2010