Tel: (65) 6790-5308P / 5288
Personal Homepage (PhD position available!): http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/xsqin
- Ph.D. (Environmental System Engineering), University of Regina, Canada, 2008
- M.Sc. (Environmental Engineering), Hunan University, China, 2001
- B.Eng. (Environmental Engineering), Hunan University, China, 1998
- August 2009 to present - Assistant Professor, School of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Jan 2008 to June 2009 - Environmental Scientist, Center for Studies in Energy and Environment (CSEE), University of Regina, Canada
- June 2001 to May 2002 - Research Assistant, Institute of Environmental Protection of Hunan University, China
Member of Professional Societies
- Member International Society for Environmental Information Sciences (ISEIS) since 2002
- Member American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) since 2009
- Member International Water Association (IWA), since 2012
- Member International Association for Hydro-Environment Research Engineering and Research (IAHR) since 2012
Editorial Board Member
- Environmental Systems Research (ESR), Springer Science, Jan. 2012
- Journal of Geographic Information System (JGIS), Scientific Research Publishing, Aug. 2010
- Guest editors: Energy Sources, 2008; Petroleum Science and Technology, 2008; Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems, 2008
Main research interest
- Water resources planning and management
- Hydrological/flood modelling and climate change impact assessment
- Modelling and optimization for urban environmental systems
Current research project
- Study of developing an integrated model cascade with uncertainty estimation for flood inundation modelling
- Study of statistical downscaling and disaggregation of regional climate data considering temporal and spatial variability
- Study of establishment of a green roof test bed
- Best Practice-Oriented Paper Award (American Society of Civil Engineers), Environmental Multi-Media Council, World Water & Environmental Resources Congress, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 06/2004.
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, China Scholarship Council, 06/2007.
- Graduate Student Research Award, University of Regina, 2006-2007.
- Qin, X.S. 2012. Assessing environmental risks through fuzzy parameterized probabilistic analysis, Stochastic Environmental Research & Risk Assessment, 26(1): 43-58.
- Qin, X.S., Xu, Y. 2011. Analyzing urban water supply through an acceptability-index-based interval approach, Advances in Water Resources, 34(7): 873-886.
- Xu, Y., Qin, X.S. 2010. Agricultural effluent control under uncertainty: an inexact double-sided fuzzy chance-constrained model, Advances in Water Resources, 33(9): 997-1014.
- Qin, X.S.; Huang, G.H.; Liu, L. 2010. A genetic-algorithm-aided stochastic optimization model for regional air quality management under uncertainty. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 60(1), 63-71.
- Qin, X.S.; Huang, G.H.; Yu, H. (2009). Enhancing remediation of LNAPL recovery through a response-surface-based optimization approach, Journal of Environmental Engineering (ASCE), 135(10), 999-1008.
- Qin, X.S., Huang, G.H., Zeng, G.M., Chakma, A. 2008. Optimization of dual-phase vacuum extraction to remove nonaqueous phase liquids in subsurface. Water Resources Research, 44, W04422
- Qin, X.S., Huang, G.H., Li, Y.P., 2008. Risk management of BTEX contamination in ground water – an integrated fuzzy approach. Ground Water, 46: 755-767